Saturday, August 18, 2012

Note card with quilling paper embellishments

This is my first quilling project! :) One of my friend and co-worker is expecting a baby girl. I was making the quilling note card for her. I was excited to see the result myself because it's completely new craft for me :)


Quilling note card baby girl


It started with a simple sketch... Well... my drawing skills are pretty much bad, that's why I was keeping the idea mostly in my mind...

Quilling note card baby girl


First of all, I had to come up with idea how to make the wording on the note card. I was thinking that foiled letters would be looking great, and I was right :)

I printed the words on heavy cardstock on laser printer, and applied special hot laminating foil. The foil sticks only to printer toner. After rolling it through laminator couple times, I got pretty much good looking foiled "It's a GIRL!" sign, that later was cut off with scalloped edges and glued to a blank note card base.

Quilling note card baby girl
Quilling note card baby girl
Quilling note card baby girl


Then, I made several flowers and leaves using quilling technique ...

Quilling note card baby girl


...and applied them to the note card base.

Quilling note card baby girl


The note card, actually, was a part of a gift from a group of gals from our work. That's why I printed joined greeting note from all of us, cut it off, and glued it inside the card.

Quilling note card baby girl


And here we go! :) The finished quilled note card :)

Quilling note card baby girl

8 comments:

YanArt said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you very much, Irina!

GalaFilc said...

Nice card !

SocksAndMittens said...

Great project and so much work. It's turned out really pretty, congrats

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful!

Ann Martin said...

You're a quilling natural! Very pretty card and such neat work.

Yulia Kazansky said...

Wonderful card, Irina!

IrinaN said...

@Ann Martin, you are inspiring me :)

Arctida said...

Such a pretty card! Well done! I cant believe it is your first time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...